Busy. Busy. Busy.
Busy drooling over cupcakes.
Life is hectic. Did ya know that?
Thanks for the warning.
After three years of studying, I still don't know what to do with my life.
Should I be a teacher?
A speech pathologist?
What to do...?
In the meantime while I figure out life, here are some of my baking tips on how to make your cupcakes look and taste SUPERB. (note: I'm not an expert but I will tell you what I know from experience.)
- Always, always check that you have all the ingredients before you start baking. You do not want to be in the middle of baking then realising that you're out of milk. or eggs. It's a horrible feeling.
- Read the instructions and then measure out all the ingredients. Prep them. If you need to separate the eggs, separate it first. If you need to chop, grind or slice, do it before anything else happens.
- Buy good quality ingredients, especially chocolate. It is a must. If you bought cheap chocolate, don't even bother baking. Spend a little bit more and you'll see the difference.
- Try to buy organic or free range eggs, if you have the money. Chickens have feelings too.
- Baking powder and Baking Soda (or Bicarbonate Soda) are two different things. Don't substitute one for the other. I'm not sure exactly what BicarbSoda does, all I know is that it has something to do with science. Just take my word for it.
- Preheat the oven. You'd be surprised how many people miss this step. Please don't. It is a big deal. Also, make sure it's at the correct temperature- not all ovens work the same. If you want to be precise, put a thermometer in the oven.
- Line the cupcake wrappers in the baking tray. It makes life easier. No need to grease the tray if you're using paper cups.
- Use tried-and-tested recipes so you don't disappoint yourself with the end result.
That's all for today.
More tips coming soon.