Recent Posts

Friday, December 24, 2010

Mawar's Famous Choc Chip Cookies.

I'm starting to think that maybe this world isn't a nice place after all.

It bewilders me why some people would do such awful things in life. Like stealing.

I was robbed a few days ago. They stole a couple of my mum's priced possessions and my beloved camera.

The camera that I use to express my passion for baking. for photography. for travelling. is gone.

If only they knew the consequences of their actions, they would dare not touch someone else's belongings. That's okay. Allah The All Mighty is Just. Every human being that has ever lived on this planet will get what they deserve on the Day of Judgement. Just wait and see. Until then, be mindful of every word you speak, every act you do, every word you hear and every thing you see as it could either act for or against you on that day. Make it count.

Unfortunately, this means that I will be going on a temporary hiatus until I get myself a new camera.
Not sure when that will be.

Hope to see you when I'm back, if God wills.

I shall leave you with a recipe from my dear cousin.
Pictures courtesy of the lovely Mawar.

Mawar's Famous Choc Chip Cookies



You'll need 250g butter. 



1 cup caster sugar



1 cup brown sugar


Mix well with a wooden spoon until it looks like this creamy goodness.



Add 1 tsp of vanilla essence


Add two eggs (lightly beaten beforehand). Mix mix mix it up.



Sift in 3 1/2 cups of self raising flour.



Then add chocolate chips. Milk, dark or white. and BE GENEROUS.



Drop teaspoonfuls of the dough on a greased cookie tray.



Make sure you leave a small gap in between each dough.



Take out of oven when it looks golden brown.



Eat it when it's nice and fresh out of the oven. It'll melt in your mouth, I tell ya.

Ingredients
250g butter, softened
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 eggs
3 1/2 cups self raising flour
1 bag of your favourite chocolate chips

Method
Preheat oven at 180C or 160C Fan Forced.

Mix butter, caster sugar and brown sugar until light and creamy. This can be done by hand or using an electric mixer on medium.

Add 1 tsp vanilla essence. Once combined, add eggs and mix well.

Sift in self raising flour, in batches, and mix until a dough is formed. Add chocolate chips.

Drop teaspoonfuls of the dough on a greased cookie tray. Then bake until golden brown. 

Done.

Once the cookies are cooled, eat like Cookie Monster. 



10 comments:

Noor said...

MashAllah sis I LOVE your blog. I also have a food blog http://www.yasalamcooking.com/

You should join me and some other sisters at Cafe Muslimah inshAllah sounds like we have a lot in common <3
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Cafe_Muslimah/index.php?

Sabirah said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your camera! That really sucks. My engagement ring and wedding band were stolen at the masjid! It was Ramadan and they were bothering me during the taraweeh prayers, so I took them off and zipped them in my inside pocket of my bag. During the break, I literally got up to say salaam to someone and when I looked down, my bag was turned upside down. Alhamdulillah. I wan't as upset as I thought I'd be. I told myself it's Ramadan, a test from Allah (swt), and a material thing that can be replaced. I just pitied the person that did it.

Love and Sugar said...

SubhanAllah Sabirah! I cant believe they would do such a thing in Ramadan! Astarghrufillah May Allah (swt) replace what you've lost with something better inshaAllah

Amnah said...

Aw, I'm so sorry about your things being stolen. I can never bring myself to understand why someone would take something that doesn't belong to them. My sister's purse was once stolen from their car while en route to California (from washington). She had jewelery (given to her from my mother from my own mother's wedding), camera, ipod... It's very devastating. As you said, Allah is just and surely that person will get what is coming to them.

And ummm.. those cookies look amazing. I'm tempted to lick my screen.

Raajii said...

oh they seem yummy! I am going to try them :)

izzahcj said...

Are these soft cookies or crunchy ones? :)

Texan in UAE said...

Salam Alikom hallaaa wallah! and I Miss you, sweetie!!! come over and visit my blog again.. I'm back!!!! toshmelkris@yahoo.com if you have face book!!!! let me know.. (((Hugs))) loving your blog, all over again... (((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))) mashallah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aleek!

♥●• Izdiher·•●♥ said...

Yummyy yummyy .I love cookies .Just saved your blog in my fav :).Please
Follow each other ,and comment too.
Izdiher.blogspot.com

Rabiya said...

Salamu alaykum,

SubhanAllah. May Allah make it easy for you Ameen. I hope you get a new camera soon inshaAllah, can't wait to see you blogging again.

Fadzillah said...

Salam,

simple recipe..must try it..very generous on choc chip.. ^_*

Post a Comment

Share the love.