Recent Posts

Monday, December 5, 2011

Eating out: Madam Kay's Platz.

Don't you just hate getting stuck in traffic? It's even worse when you're in a hurry.

What do you do?

Eat!

The Man and I were heading out to my parents after work during the week and to get there we had to bypass the city - in peak hour. Great timing. Well actually, it was great timing. It was dinner time. So, we both decided to avoid the madness by having dinner in the city. And look what was just right next to us, Madam Kay's Platz! Things couldn't get any better. 



This would be our second time here, together. We were contemplating on whether we should eat here or at Kopitiam QV. I told the Man that there were more choices here for rice and noodles. Me, being a huge rice fan, and the Man a huge noodle person. But funnily enough, that day I ordered noodle soup and he ordered rice (we ended up swapping it over, of course. He he.)



The entrance. 



The hot drinks menu. 




Wait wait wait.

That's not Madam Kay's!

Well I'm glad you noticed. Madam Kay's was previously The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. The Coffee Bean was my favourite place to go for ice blended chocolate and I was quite sad they closed down all their branches here in Melbourne. That's okay, atleast they are still in Malaysia and elsewhere. I assumed the owners of Madam Kay's must've taken/bought over because the interior looks exactly like a Coffee Bean store. The only difference would be their logo...which isn't really that different. Heh.






The cold drinks menu.



The seating area upstairs.



They also have a lunch menu available from the Bain-Marie.



I'd say it's standard pricing.



My Tom Yum Noodle Soup. Very tasty. The only downside is that it is too spicy for my tastebuds. I know my sister would love this one. 



BBQ Chicken with rice. Thumbs up!



Teh Tarik (Malaysian Pull Tea). This one is not on the menu but if you enquire, they'll happily make it for you.
I have to say that this Teh Tarik is one of the best I've tried in Melbourne. The level of sweetness and ratio of milk to tea was just right. Next time I will order one for myself instead of sipping from the Man's cup.

And finally, we are back on the road with happy tummies and no traffic, alhamdulilah. 

See. The next time you want to avoid being bumper to bumper, you must stop somewhere and eat.



The exit to my parent's house. It gets me every time.

Is it Ernest Wankee?

Or Earns Wank?

Or Earns Wankee?

I've always thought it to be Ernest Wankee.
What do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love.