Recent Posts

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Make your own chocolate balls.



I promised my sister a while back that I'd post the recipe for these super easy & yummy chocolate balls.

But the thing is, I don't have the recipe for it. Oh, no.

Not everything in life comes with a manual, you know.

What I can do is tell you the ingredients and how I made them. Deal?
Okay...so you'll need some crushed biscuits/wafers. (the secret ingredient here is to use all your stale biscuits that you have lying around in your pantry for God knows how long. Make sure they haven't moulded, of course! I'm being serious. Don't give me that 'ew, are you kidding me?' face. You won't even be able to tell the difference at the end because it's all coated with nutella, trust me.)

Then, crush some of your favourite nuts in a food processor.
You'll need a couple spoonfuls of nutella to combine the crushed biscuits and nuts together in a bowl. Use just enough so that you can roll it into small balls (around 1 inch). Once you've done that, dip each of the balls in  melted dark chocolate combined with a bit of copha for a thin consistency. Then, let the ball harden in a small paper cup. Do the same with the rest. If the weather is warm, put the chocolate balls in the fridge for 5-10minutes. 

Chocolate balls can be eaten straight away or be kept in the fridge for 2 weeks (estimation). 
Although, they are best consumed as soon as you've made them. 


Photos courtesy of Iva Izman.

4 comments:

appleblossoms14 said...

Assalamualaikum!

Glad to have you back! I absolutely love all of your cupcakes. :) I'll have to try your recipes soon, inshaAllah!

sippingchai said...

Yum! My husband recently sent his family these new cake balls that are now in. They had so many different kinds of flavors. This looks pretty simple. Will have to try it, IA.

Roshni said...

Amaaa-zing! This will take me like 5 hours to make =(

nasheta said...

slm - I have just come across this blog and your stuff is amazing! please come back and blog some more - you have serious talent!

Post a Comment

Share the love.